Wedding DJ Blog
As you begin planning your wedding and reception, you want to create an environment that celebrates you as a couple, and provides entertainment for all of your guests. One of the biggest crazes at wedding receptions, is the use of photo booths. If you haven't considered it yet, here are 8 reasons that a photo booth is a must-have for your wedding reception.
1. A Photo Booth Gets the Party StartedEvery wedding reception generally comes with a bar, music, and food. In order to make your reception stand out from the others, you need to add a different and memorable element. Photo booths are a great way to get your guests in the spirit of celebrating. It is also a good way to get guests to socialize. This is especially helpful if members of your family haven't met other friends or colleagues in attendance.
2. Photo Booths are Fun for Every Age GroupWhen planning a wedding reception, it is always important to have activities that are fun for the kids and grandparents alike. A photo booth is a great way to keep the youngest and oldest guests entertained. Guests of all ages will enjoy taking silly, romantic, and dramatic photos with the use of props.
3. Photos are Great SouvenirsHaving a photo booth at your reception is a fun way for guests to create their own souvenirs to take home and display on their refrigerator, or pull out of their wallet to show co-workers. You and your partner can also use the photo booth to take unique pictures to add to scrapbooks or the wedding album. You can also include the photos with thank you cards that you send out to guests. The photos taken in your photo booth may come to be conversation starters for years to come!
4. Photo Booths Create a Unique Guestbook:Rather than having guests simply sign their name in a guestbook, they can add their pictures from the photo booth along with their name and a sentiment for the newlyweds. Your guestbook will become a treasured keepsake, rather than a simple list of names.
5. Photo Booths Can Keep with Your Wedding ThemeDoes your wedding have a special theme? Perhaps, you are having a destination wedding on the beach? Is your wedding in the winter? Your photo booth props can be matched to the theme of your wedding, to create beautiful pictures that reflect your wedding's unique personality.
6. A Photo Booth Will Remind Guests of the Good Ol' Days:Before every one had smartphones and tablets, photo booths were the way to get instant pictures when you were out on the town with friends and loved ones. By having a photo booth at your reception, you will create a sense of nostalgia for your older guests, while introducing the younger crowd to a beloved pastime.
7. Photo Booths are Flexible and Affordable:Since photo booths have become a high-demand feature at wedding receptions, they have become increasingly more affordable. They also require zero-effort on your part setting up or taking down, so they are a great option for couples busy with other wedding reception duties. You can also choose when the photo booth will be up during the reception, and how long it will remain open for guests to use.
8. Pair Your Photo Booth with Your DJDJ Tommy Scott and Photo Booths of Dallas offers you the option of package deals that include both the photo booth rental, and DJ services for the reception. This takes the guess-work out of planning your reception, which saves you time and money!
If a photo booth sounds like the perfect addition to your big day, contact us today to learn more about our options and pricing.
Times, They are a changin! to steal a line from Bob Dylan I worked for a major music distributor from 1985 to 1996 as a Sales rep and later as a Sr. Sales Rep. I wasn't even old enough to drink at my first sale meeting. I thought the company was huge, we did $270 million in sales my first year and over a billion a few years later. All I could see was growth for the future of music. We grew to #1 in market share 1 out of every 4 units sold in the US came from that company. When I started 8 tracks were gone, although occasionally when I would be in a store people would ask for them. Cassettes were king with about 80% of the sale and vinyl sales were on the decline. We were test marketing CD's in a few locations, I couldn't remember what CD stood for half the time! The titles that were available at the time were mostly classical stuff from Germany. As the category grew titles would be released a month or so after vinyl and cassette. Eventually CD titles came out at the same time, and they came out in 12 inch tall cardboard boxes, so they could be merchandised in the album browsers we already had in the stores. Then there was an movement that felt like that was a waste, so they started ban the box, so that went away, we replaced those with plastic boxes that got thrown away instead of the cardboard. As the Album inventory decreased we were able to place CDs in the space left behind. There was nothing better than browsing through the music titles, holding the product in your hand, reading the boxes, and liner notes after you purchased a title. I couldn't imagine buying music a different way. We always new there would be format changes. Labels told us the future was DAT(Digital Audio Tape) or minidiscs neither of witch materialized. Through the 2000s we watched as record stores shut down, Musicland, Virgin, Tower Records, Dallas' own Sound Warehouse who would have thought it. Walmart, Kmart, Target, Best Buy all had large music departments. Now they have 8 to 12 linear feet of music and getting smaller. I probably buy more music than anyone I know, and I don't remember the last CD I bought. The company I worked for decided to sell off its assets and shut the doors about 5 years ago. Now the future for CDs isn't looking good.
Well friends, another year comes to a close and we look toward yet another successful and awesome year in 2018 for our DFW DJ and Photo Booth services.
2017 was a great year, I Djed 84 Events mostly weddings! I had 77 Photo Booth Rentals! Would have never been able to pull that off without the help of Melina, Misty, Susan, Cheryl, Christi, Ahna and Gayle! Thank you!
I met a lot of great couples this year, hoping they all have a great year also. There are several companies I have had the pleasure to work with for several years! Thank you Wisteria Place, DD Ranch, Brilliant Events, Wonderland Montessori Academy, Oak ridge School, North Texas Municipal Water District, Baylor Surgicare, and Baylor Interdisciplinary Core! I also worked events with many companies for the first time this year, hopefully we can do events together next year!
I am looking forward to using the experience from all these events, to improve the service I provide both as a DJ, MC, Host and in the Photo Booth rentals!
So many friends have refered me to their friends and family, I can’t thank each of you enough!
I am hoping everyone has an awesome New Year!
There are a lot of great venues to choose from in the DFW area. They all have their own unique features. The Wisteria Place in Mesquite is a great venue for wedding with less than 100 guests. It is located at 902 South Bryan Beltline Rd., in Mesquite. When you first pull up to it, other than the sign in front, it doesn’t really look like a wedding venue. Once you go inside it is very nice, with a large open room for the reception. It has a special room for the bride to get ready in. On the backside, it has a very large covered patio, a very nice pond with ducks swimming, and a beautiful lawn and gazebo for out door weddings. It is one of the most affordable places and is all-inclusive. Their prices include decorations, tables, chairs, linens, catering, beverages (water, tea and lemonade), Champaign fountain, and the DJ. You do have to find your own cake, Photographer, and flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres. They do have a bar option for an extra fee, you bring your own alcohol and they provide a bartender to serve it. They also have a Photo Booth and Chocolate fountain available for rent.
If you are looking for a venue, check them out http://www.wisteriaplaceeventhall.com